SP 1 Acupuncture Point(Yinbai) is a well point of the Spleen Meridian of Foot-Taiyin,which is commonly used for gynecological diseases, chronic bleeding syndrome, madness, dreaminess, convulsion, fullness, diarrhea,puncture 0.1 cun.
SP 1 Acupuncture Point Location
On the medial side of the big toe 0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the nail.
What is the meaning of Yinbai
Yinbai:”Yin”,hidden or secretive.”Bai”, White, the color of lung, and the Qi. The name of “Yinbai” means that the hot Yang-qi of Spleen Meridian goes out from here. This point has ground pores connected with the internal meridians of Spleen Meridian. The substance of this point is the outside Qi transmitted from the internal meridians of Spleen Meridian.Since the Qi that evaporates and goes out is very secretive,hence the name.
SP 1 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Gynecological diseases: such as menorrhagia;
- Chronic bleeding syndromes: such as hematochezia,hematuresis;
- Mental disorders:such as madness and dreaminess;
- infantile convulsion;
- Lack of appetite, fullness of the abdomen, fulminant diarrhea; etc.
Clinical: functional uterine bleeding, upper gastrointestinal bleeding, acute enteritis, schizophrenia, neurasthenia, etc.
SP 1 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- First, use your index finger to gently massage Suliao point for 2 minutes, then press PC 6(Neiguan) and SP 1(Yinbai) point for 3 minutes, and finally scrape SP 6(Sanyinjiao) point for 3 minutes,which can relieve Dysmenorrhea;
- Use your thumb and fingertips to pinch and rub SP 1(Yinbai) point for 100 to 200 times,It can relieve nightmares and madness if long-term massage it;
- Use moxa sticks on SP 1(Yinbai) point for 5 to 20 minutes to treat vomiting, salivation, fainting, and cold numbness of the lower limbs.
- You can use moxa moxibustion on SP 1(Yinbai) point for menorrhagia or uterine bleeding, also moxibustion it for chronic metrorrhagia,once a day, 3 minutes each time, pinch and press 10 to 20 times.
SP 1 point Compatibility
Combined with Diji and Sanyinjiao point to treat hemorrhagic disease;
Combined with Dadun point to treat stroke and coma;
Combined with Pishu, Shangwan and Ganshu point to treat hematemesis;
Combined with Zusanli and Tianshu point to treat diarrhea;
Combined with Wuchu and Zhigou point to treat infantile convulsion;
Combined with Qihai, Xuehai and Sanyinjiao point to treat menorrhagia;
Combined with Suliao, Neiguan, Sanyinjiao point to treat dysmenorrhea;