Xingjian acupoint (LV2)belongs to the liver meridian of foot-Jueyin,which is commonly used for clearing liver fire-extreme irritability, red face/eyes/tongue,clearing heart from the Lower Jiao-burning urination,lack of Qi flow to the extremities (cold hands/feet).
Location of XingJian Acupoint
On the dorsum of the foot between the 1st and 2nd toes, proximal to the margin of the web at the junction of the red and white skin.
What is XingJian Acupoint used for?
1. Relief treatment of stroke, epilepsy, cripples, headache, dizziness, swelling pain,convulsions in children, hangover discomfort, eye diseases, liver diseases, mucositis and other liver meridians Disease syndrome caused by wind-heat.
2. Relieve treatment of irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, uterine bleeding, menorrhagia, amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, vaginal discharge, vaginal pain, and other gynecological diseases.
3. Relieve treatment of enuresis, hysteresis, spermatorrhea, nocturia, and other urinary system diseases.
4. Relieve treatment of intercostal neuralgia, chest and hypochondriac pain, medial pain of lower limbs, and foot tarsal pain. Leg cramps, swollen knees, dry and wet athlete’s foot, and drench disease.
5. Relieve treatment of hernia. Abdominal gas reversal, hiccups, cough, diarrhea, high blood pressure, insomnia, neurasthenia, schizophrenia, etc.
Benefits of Xingjian acupoint
Relieve internal heat in the liver
People with excessive internal heat are easy to get angry,lead to headache, dizziness, redness, swelling and pain,tinnitus and deafness.It can relieve the internal heat by massaging Xingjian acupoint.
Moistening lung for removing phlegm
Xing jian point belongs to the liver meridian. In addition to soothing the liver and strengthening the spleen, and reducing the adverse effects of the stomach, it also has the effect of promoting the lungs and relieving cough, which can effectively relieve hiccups, diarrhea, coughing and other symptoms.
XingJian Acupoint Therapy
After disinfection, take the needle slightly upward and puncture the point 0.5-1 cun to make the local soreness,and keep the needle for 20-30 minutes.
Moxa moxibustion for 3-5 unit; or moxa moxibustion for 5-10 minutes.
For people who frequently smoke and drink or suffer from liver disease,it can stimulate the Xingjian acupoint by Moxibustion. Hang the burning Moxa stick above the Xingjian acupoint every day, stay for about 10 minutes, and moxibustion once a day. It has a good auxiliary treatment effect on alcoholic liver, fatty liver and cirrhosis.
Press Xingjian acupoint with tip of your thumb. Press for 5 seconds. After pressing until it feels sour, rest for 5 seconds and press again for a total of 20 times.
Massaging Xingjian acupoints is very helpful for soothing the liver and regulating Qi. It is more suitable for people with liver stagnation and Qi stagnation or internal in the liver. Women with yellow complexion often massage this point to help improve skin. For patients with liver disease, although massaging Xingjian acupoint can not cure liver disease, it can regulate the liver meridian, regulate Qi and blood, improve liver function to relieve the condition.
Compatibility of Xingjian Points
Combined with Taichong and Hegu to treat headache
Combined with Jingming and Taiyang to treat pinkeye, swelling and pain.
Combined with Huantiao and Fengshi to treat waist, knee and foot pain.
Combined with Zhongji,Pangguangshu and Yinlingquan to treat drenching syndrome
Combined with Fenglong to treat globus hysteriocus.
Combined with Qihai and Yinlingquan to treat vaginal discharge diseases
Combined with Sanyinjiao, Diji, and Qihai to treat dysmenorrhea.
Combined with Qimen,Zhigou, and Yanglingquan to treat chest and hypochondriac pain.
Combined with Baihui, Fengchi, Hegu, Quchi, and Taichong acupoint to treat dizziness, headache, and hypertension caused by upper hyperactivity of liver yang.
Combined with Baihui, Fengchi, and Shigu to treat migraine.
Combined with Zhongji, Sanyinjiao, and Ligou to treat hot and deep yellow urine pain.