ST 7 Acupuncture Point(Xiaguan) belongs to the Stomach Meridian of Foot-Yangming,which is commonly used for face and mouth disease, deafness, tinnitus, and other ear diseases,puncture 0.5 to 1 cun flat.
ST 7 Acupuncture Point Location
On the face, anterior to the ear, in a depression between the zygomatic arch and the mandibular notch, with mouth closed.
What is the meaning of Xiaguan
Xiguan:”Xia”,refers to the Qi of this acupoint is yin-water.”Guan”,gateway. The name of “Xiguan” means that this acupoint can filter the turbid part of Qi of Stomach Meridian that transported to head. The substance of this acupoint is the dampness-qi of the heaven from ST 6(Jiache). After ascending to this point, the turbid part of the dampness-qi will cool down to the ground,like a gateway for checking the turbid part of Qi, hence the name.
ST 7 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Deafness, tinnitus,tympanitis;
- Toothache, lockjaw, temporomandibular arthritis.
- Facial paralysis, facial pain, trigeminal neuralgia, facial nerve palsy, mandibular pain etc;
ST 7 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- Sit or lie on your back, clench your teeth lightly, press ST 6(Jiache) acupoint for 3 minutes; then press ST 7(Xiaguan) acupoint for 3 minutes; finally, gently press LI 4(Hegu) acupoint for 5 minutes,which can relieve swelling and pain of gum and toothache;
- Press and rub ST 7(Xiaguan) acupoint with the pad of index finger and middle finger for 3 to 5 minutes a day to treat facial paralysis.
Mild moxibustion on ST 7 with moxa sticks for 10 minutes, once a day, which can treat tinnitus and deafness.
Gua Sha Therapy
Scrape ST 7(Xiaguan) acupoint from top to bottom for 3 minutes, once a day, it can relieve toothache caused by heat-evil.
ST 7 Point Compatibility
Combined with Hegu, Taichong, Dazhui point to treat lockjaw due to tetanus;
Combined with Hegu, Shuigou, Jing point to treat lockjaw due to wind-stroke syndrome;
Combined with Temple, Fengchi, Yifeng, Sibai, Dicang, Hegu point to treat facial paralysis;
Combined with Yifeng, Temple, Jiache, Dicang, Neiting point to treat toothache due to stomach fire.
Combined with Ermen,Tinghui,Yifeng, Zhongzhu, Xiaxi point to treat tinnitus and deafness due to gallbladder fire.
Combined with Fengchi, Dazhui, Yifeng, TingGong, Waiguan,Zulinqi to treat tympanitis.
Combined with Fengchi, Sibai, Yingxiang,Jiache, Hegu, Neitingt point to treat facial pain due to stomach fire;
Combined with Baihui, Fengchi, Xingjian, Taixi, Shuiquan point to treat dizziness due to liver fire.
Combined with Sanyinjiao, Taixi point to treat temporomandibular joint dysfunction syndrome;