Where is Location of Hegu acupoint(LI4)
He Gu (LI4) is located on the highest spot of the muscle when the thumb and index fingers are brought close together.
Hegu Pressure Point Benefits
Here is a list of some very useful benefits of Hegu acupoints:
- Relieve the symptoms of carsickness-Before getting on the car, put ginger on the child’s belly to relieve the symptoms of carsickness. If you find child has symptoms of carsickness, you can press his Hegu acupoint properly, or pinch the Neiguan acupoint with your thumb to alleviate the symptoms of carsickness.
- Pain relief massage-Place the palm of the right hand on the back of the left hand, and pinch the Hegu acupoint,50 times each.Left hand first massaged,then do right hand for men,the opposite for women. Massage benefits: Pressing and kneading Hegu acupoints can relieve these pain,such as: toothache, sore throat, headache, and abdominal pain. It can also treat colds, dizziness, drowsiness, tinnitus, deafness, nerves Weakness and other diseases,acute infantile convulsion for child.
- Relieve constipation and prevent dementia–Long-term constipation is the important factor caused the decline of the intelligence of the elderly, and about 80% of elderly constipation are easy to suffer Alzheimer’s disease. massage the Hegu acupoint on your hand and then rub your belly in a clockwise direction to relieve constipation.
- Relief of hypotension-Research found that frequent pressing of kneading Hegu acpoints has a certain boosting effect Therefore, patients with low blood pressure can often press the Hegu acupoint.
- Improve immunity -Massaging the Hegu acupoint has a adjustment effect on blood cells, and can enhance the phagocytic ability of people’s white blood cells, thereby to archive disease prevention.
HeGu Pressure Point Therapy
Gua Sha therapy
Using inclined 45° to scrape Hegu acupoint from top to bottom can relieve dizziness and headache.
Use moxa moxibustion for 5-20 minutes every day to treat these problem. Such as headache, dizziness, etc.
Acupuncture and moxibustion
The needle tip should not be deflected to the wrist side during acupuncture,prevent from puncture the venous on the back of the hand and the deep palm artery,and caused bleeding. The acupuncture lifting range of Hegu acupoint should not be too large prevent from damage the blood vessels, and caused hematoma. Note that pregnant women are prohibited from needles.
1. When applying acupressure, you should apply force toward the little finger, instead of pressing straight up and down.
2. As long as massaging Hegu acupoint,Most of the diseases of the tissues and organs in the large intestine meridian can relieve.Such as: headache, fever, dry, nosebleeds, neck pain, sore throat etc.
3. Using thumb fingertips to press and knead Hegu points 100-200 times can treat acute abdominal pain and headache.
Shiatsu Sanjian and Hegu acupoints. Slowly exhale while pinching up and down with your thumb and index finger for 6 seconds, and then quickly leave. When your fingers leave , you should keep your breath exhausted. Repeat it 10 times and the tonsil pain will gradually disappear.
1. Use your thumb or index finger to gently rub the Jiache and Xiaguan acupoints for 3-5 minutes;
2. Use the palm of your hand tap the toothache or slowly and gently rub swollen for 3-5 minutes;
3. Use your thumb or index finger to press the Hegu and Neiting acupoints forcefully for 5-10 minutes.
HeGu Pressure Point FAQs
Q:Can I massage Hegu acupoint at night?
It is not recommended to massage Hegu acupoint at night, because Hegu acupoint is an acupuncture point with more vigorous in channel Qi, massaging Hegu acupoint at night will affect the quality of sleep at night, resulting in poor sleep.
Q:When is the best time to massage Hegu acupoint?
The best time to massage Hegu acupoint is between 5 am and 7 am. Hegu acupoint belongs to the acupoints of the Large Intestine Meridian of Hand-yangming, and the time period between 5-7 am is when the channel Qi of the Large Intestine Meridian of Hand-yangming more vigorous, stimulating and massaging the Hegu acupoint can active the channel Qi of the Large Intestine Meridian of Hand-yangming to keep health care.
Q:How many times massage Hegu acupoint in a day?
2 times. Normally, there is no limit to the number of times that massage Hegu acupoint in a day, but it is recommended to massage the Hegu acupoint twice a day, each massage for 10 minutes.