SI 16 Acupuncture Point(Tianchuang) belongs to the Small Intestine Meridian of Hand-Taiyang , which can relieve and treat tinnitus, deafness, sore throat, neck pain, etc.
Location of SI 16 Acupuncture Point
On the lateral side of the neck, posterior to the SCM and LI 18, level with the Adam’s apple.
What is the meaning of Tianchuang
TianChuang:Tian,refers to the Heaven,Chuang,refers to the windows, through holes for ventilation of the house. The name of Tianchuang means that the hot-qi of the neck is transmitted from the body surface. The substance of this point comes from two aspects. One is that the ascending hot-qi of Jianzhongshu points from the point to the face of the heaven, and the other is that the hot-qi of the neck travels from the inside to the surface. The meaning of the acupoint is to emphasize this part of the qi of this point is transmitted from the inside to the outside,like opening a window, hence the name.
What is SI 16 Acupuncture Point used for
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Used to effect the circulation within the vertebral artery and the occipital artery. Useful for occipital headache, alzheimer’s, brain tumors, dyslexia, MS, and many brain issues related to circulation. Often used with Tian Dong as a starting point.
- Both SI 16 & SI 17 are Window of the Sky Points and are useful for throat distention, swelling, goiters, lumps in neck a/or throat, voice issues.
- Ear issues – tinnitus, deafness, pain.
- Local point for neck and/or shoulder problems.
- Falls into the category of Window of the Sky points within the Tam Healing system.
SI 16 Acupuncture Point therapy
Press and rub the Tianchuang acupoint with middle finger for 1 to 3 minutes each time, and It can prevent hearing loss, relieve neck pain and prevent ear diseases if long-term massage.
Compatibility of Acupoints
Combined with Yifeng and Zhongzhu to treat tinnitus and deafness;
Combined with Tianrong and Shaoshang to treat swelling and sore throat.