LI 7 Acupuncture Point(WenLiu) belongs to the Large Intestine Meridian of Hand-Yangming,which is used for acute bowel, abdominal pain, boils, headache, facial swelling, sore throat, shoulder and back pain etc.
LI 7 Acupuncture Point Location
5 cun above the crease of the wrist (LI 5).
What is the meaning of Wenliu
Wenliu:Wen,warm,”Liu” means slipping away quietly. After the qi of the Large Intestine Meridian reaches this point, because of the external environment has less heating effect on it, the original heat will slowly dissipate and evaporate,like slipping away quietly,Hence the name.
LI 7 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Acute bowel, abdominal pain and other intestinal diseases.
- Head and face disease syndromes such as headache, facial swelling, sore throat and so on.
- Sore shoulders and backs.
LI 7 Acupuncture Point Therapy
Moxibustion on WenLiu point for 5 to 10 minutes,or 3 to 5 minutes.
- Use four fingers to press Wenliu acupoint with middle intensity for 5 minutes each time, 2 times a day.
- In the case of sudden nosebleeds, you can use your thumb to press Wenliu acupoint for a while to relieve it.
- People with cold hand and sweat in their palms,You can often press Wenliu acupoint gently to get warm.
LI 7 Point Compatibility
Combined with Quchi acupoint to treat throat disorders.
Combined with Pushen acupoints to treat epilepsy.
Combined with Yemen and Jinggu points to treat mad servants.
Combined with Qimen to treat typhoid.
Combined with Xinggu, Fuliu, and Yanggang points to treat bowel pain.