LI 20 Acupuncture Point(Yingxiang) belongs to the Large Intestine Meridian of Hand-Yangming, which is commonly used to treat nasal congestion, epistaxis,facial paralysis,biliary ascariasis and other diseases.
LI 20 Acupuncture Point Location
In the nasolabial groove, level with the midpoint of the lateral border of the ala nasi.
What is the meaning of Yingxiang
Yingxiang: This point is near to the nose. It is named because it can commonly treat to nasal congestion that can not smell fragrant and smelly, hence the name.
LI 20 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Efficacy:Remove wind-heat,mediate nostril,This point is located near to the nose,the Qi flow directly through the nostril,so it is very beneficial for opening the meridians and activating the collaterals, and mediate nostril. It is a crucial point for various nose diseases.
- Symptoms: acute and chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, nose bleeding, facial nerve palsy, facial itching, facial swelling, biliary ascariasis, constipation, etc.
LI 20 Acupuncture Point Therapy
- First press Yingxiang acupoint with both index fingers for 1 to 3 minutes, then use the middle fingers of both hands to press Sibai acupoint for 1 to 3 minutes, and finally take the thumb and index finger of one hand into “eight” shape, and lightly press Dicang acupoint for dozens of times,It can relieve Facial nerve palsy.
- Rhinorrhea,nasal congestion, or allergic rhinitis caused by cold, massage Yingxiang acupoint until feel heat,It can relieve these symptoms.
- Regularly press Yingxiang acupoint vertically with the pad of index finger for 1 to 3 minutes each time, which can keep the nose comfortable, and prevent lung diseases.
- Frequent pressing Yingxiang acupoint can promote blood circulation around the nose,resist the invasion of germs, and prevent and get rid off colds.
Scrape Yingxiang acupoint from top to bottom for 3 to 5 minutes, once every other day, it can treat nose part diseases.
LI 20 Point Compatibility
Stuffy nose: Yingxiang, Renzhong, Shangxing, Taiyuan.
Rhinorrhea: Yingxiang, Shangxing, Feishu, Fengchi, Fengfu, Fengmen.
Nasosinusitis: Yingxiang, Xinhui, Hegu, Taichong.
Nasal polyps: Yingxiang, Shangxing, Hegu, Shenmen, Feishu, Xinshu, LU 5(Chize), Xinhui.
Epistaxis: Yingxiang, Hegu, Shangxing .
Swelling and pain of eyes: Yingxiang, Taiyang, Shangxing, Cuanzhu, Jingming, Hegu, Weizhong, Ganshu, Xingjian.
Erysipelas: Yingxiang, Shuigou, Fengchi, Zhigou, Hegu, Quchi, Weizhong.
Facial paralysis: Yingxiang, Chengqi, Sibai, Juliao, Heliao, Shangguan, Daying, Quanliao, Qiangjian, Fengchi, Shuigou.
Facial pain: Yingxiang, Xiaguan, Yifeng, Shangxing, Cuanzhu, Renzhong,Jiache.