Taixi acupoint(KI 3) is one of the main points on the kidney meridian of the foot-Shaoyin. It is commonly used for: kidney disease, toothache, sore throat, asthma, bronchitis, cold hands and feet, physiological disorders, arthritis, fatigue, hands and feet Weakness, rheumatic pain, etc.
Location of Taixi Acupoint
In depression midway between the tip of the medial malleolus and the attachment of the achilles tendon.
What is Taixi Acupoint used for?
Indications:Headache and dizziness, sore throat, toothache, deafness, tinnitus, wheezing, chest pain, hemoptysis, diminished thirst, irregular menstruation, insomnia, forgetfulness, spermatorrhea, impotence, frequent urination, low back pain, cold lower limbs, swelling and pain of inner ankle.
Urogenital system diseases: nephritis, cystitis, nocturnal emission, enuresis;
Respiratory diseases: emphysema, bronchitis, asthma;
Mouth and ear diseases: chronic laryngitis, stomatitis, tinnitus;
Leg diseases: paralysis of lower limbs, heel pain, lumbar muscle strain;
Others: endocarditis, neurasthenia, mastitis, diaphragmatic spasm.
Benefits of Massing Taixi acupoint
Taixi is an acupoint of the kidney meridian of Foot-Shaoyin. It is the point where the Qi of kidney meridian is the most abundant. It can stimulate kidney power, maintain the normal activity of the kidney, and improve the kidney function. It was called “one of the nine points of Yang-returning” by the ancients.
Treat headache and dizziness
Taixi combined with Feiyang acupoint, and press the two acupoints 100-200 times with the thumb until feel local soreness, will good to nourish the yin and invigorate the kidney, and effectively treat the symptoms of headache and dizziness.
Press and knead with index finger from top to bottom for 3 minutes. It is beneficial for the kidneys and clear the deficiency heat,and relieve fatigue.
Taixi is the original point of the kidney, where the most abundant Qi of kidney meridian stored. Pressing this acupoint can activate the kidney Qi, and maintain the blood unobstructed in the kidney meridian,relieving reproductive system diseases caused by kidney deficiency, back pain and lower limb dysfunction.
Massage method: Press the Taixi point with thumb for 1 minute, then press and knead clockwise for 1 minute, and counterclockwise for 1 minute until you feel soreness.
Protect the kidneys
Kidney health is inseparable from Taixi Point. Stimulating the Taixi point will keep the kidneys full of Qi and blood at all times.
Massage method: Use the thumb of right hand with moderate intensity to press and rub the Taixi on the left,until feel a sense of soreness; on the other hand, press and rub the Taixi on the right with left hand.
Massage Taixi Acupoint
1. Before going to bed every night, first Spa feet in hot water, then sit cross-legged, press and rub the Taixi acupoints on both sides with thumbs, press 200 times each, and intensity for a little soreness. Keep pressing and rubbing every day for beauty.
2. Sitting cross-legged, first press the Taixi acupoint on the right with the thumb of left hand. When pressing,turn it clockwise 20 times, then turn it counterclockwise 20 times, and then use right thumb to press the Taixi point on the left side in the same way.
3. Use a massage stick or a smooth wooden stick to massage the Taixi acupoint. The intensity of the massage should not only make you feel sore and swollen, but also feel numb.
Moxibustion for 3-7 unit, or mild moxibustion for 5-15 minutes.
Taixi Point Compatibility
1. Combined with Shenshu, Fengchi, Baihui, Xuanlu, Feiyang, Taichong, Method Of Reinforcing-Reducing, treat liver and kidney of yin deficiency, headache and dizziness caused by hyperactivity of yang due to yin deficiency.
2. Combined with Tinghui,Ermen,Ququan, Fuliu, Acupuncture Reinforcing Method, treat tinnitus and deafness caused by kidney of yin deficiency.
3. Combined with Zhaohai,Yuji, Shaoze, Lianquan, Method Of Reinforcing-Reducing, nourish yin and reduce internal heat, clear throat, treat sore throat and dry caused by yin deficiency and internal heat.
4. Combined with Jiache, Xiaguan, Hegu,Xingjian, Method Of Reinforcing-Reducing, nourish yin and reduce internal heat,treat , internal heat in stomach and toothache caused by yin deficiency.
5. Combined with ChiZe, Yuji,Kongzui,Lieque, Method Of Reinforcing-Reducing,treat the hemoptysis caused by Yin deficiency and internal heat.
6. Combined with Shenshu, Zhishi, Guanyuan, Qihai, Sanyinjiao, Acupuncture Reinforcing Method, treat kidney deficiency, spermatorrhea, hydration, male infertility, enuresis, frequent urination, etc.
7. Combined with Shenshu, Mingmen, Guanyuan, Sanyinjiao, Acupuncture Reinforcing Method, treat irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, female infertility caused by kidney deficiency.
8. Combined with Fuliu, Guan Yuan, Baihui, Acupuncture Reinforcing Method, treat vertigo.
9. Combined with Pishu, Guanyuan, Qihai, Zhongji, Zusanli, Yinlingquan, Acupuncture method,treat edema caused by spleen and kidney due to yang deficiency,dysuria, diarrhea, infertility, etc.
Massaging Taixi acupoint FAQs
Q:When is the best time to massage Taxi acupoint?
Between 17:00-19:00. Taixi point belongs to the kidney meridian of the foot-Shaoyin. Maximize the effect of the kidney meridian is between 17:00-19:00.
Q:Who is not suitable for massing Taixi acupint?
- Injury at the acupuncture point-
- Acute illness