Shenmen acupoint is commonly used for angina, pulseless disease, neurasthenia, hysteria, schizophrenia, etc.
The location of Shenmen(HT7) acupoint
Shenmen (HT7) acupoint is located at the wrist crease, on the radial side of the flexor carpi ulnaris tendon, between the ulna and the pisiform bones.
What Is Shenmen (HT7) acupoint Used For?
- Manifestations – insomnia, muddled thinking.
- Heart palpitations from any etiology as well as irregular heart beat, pounding heart, angina.
- Tonify deficiencies of the HT Qi, Blood, Yin and Yang.
- Emotional issues, especially those with related sleep or thinking
- Heart and Phlegm fire leading to insomnia, anxiety, mania.
- Physical responses to emotional stimuli – anxiety w/palpitations, nausea w/panic a/or fear.
- Tong Ren/Tam Healing System: Emotional/Psychological issues, w/PC 7 for sweat problems (too much or too little).
The benefits of Massaging Shenmen acupoint
Shenmen is the original point of the Heart channel, the enter and exit gateway for the heart Qi. It is the main point for nourishing the heart. Massaging the Shenmen acupoint can replenish the heart Qi, calm the heart and the mind, and help prevent cardiovascular etc. diseases,include:
1. Treatment of insomnia and forgetfulness caused by feel ill at ease;
2. Heart beats and atrial fibrillation occur, massaging Shenmen acupoint can relieve symptoms in time;
3. Long-term massaging Shenmen acupoint can have a good effect for symptoms such as heartache, palpitation, palpitations, insomnia, forgetfulness, anxiety, and depression.
Shenmen acupoint Massage Treatment Method
For poor sleep
- With Xinyu and Neiguan acupoint, press the acupoints with the thumb for 3-5 minutes, and perpendicularly press the surface of the acupuncture points when feel soreness.
- Place the thumb on the Shenmen, press and knead it with fingertips for 1-2 minutes when feel soreness, can relieve forearm numbness, insomnia, palpitations and other symptoms.
- Use your thumb to press the Shenmen acupoint for a while, then release it, repeat 10-15 times,when feel soreness.
For Anti-car sickness
Traditional Chinese medicine believes that people with weak gastrointestinal are easy to suffer carsickness, which is caused by the inability to digest the food,and the turbid gas flow up. If you have symptoms of car sickness, you might press the Shenmen acupoint, which can help to stable intestines and stomach,therefore,it will naturally disappear for the symptoms of car sickness.
For promoting digestion
Shenmen is the original acupoint of the Heart channel. The heart belongs to fire, spleen and stomach belong to earth. fire generating earth. Therefore, It can be supplied to the spleen and stomach through the heart’s blood, promote digestion and relieve constipation. Step: Press and pinch on Shenmen acupoint, one pinch and one loose, 36 times in a row, alternately on both sides.
Moxibustion on Shenmen Points
1. Moxibustion Shenmen acupoint with moxa mild moxibustion for 5-20 minutes, when people feel warm and comfortable.
2. Moxibustion with moxa moxibustion at Shenmen acupoint for 5-10 minutes, when people feel local warmth and comfort, combined with Baihui and Sishencong acupoint moxibustion can assist the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
Combined treatment with Shenmen acupoints
1.Shenmen combined with Wu Geyu and Xuehai acupoints, using massage therapy can promote blood circulation and stop bleeding to treat hematemesis, vomiting blood and hematochezia.
2.Shenmen combined with Wu Dazhui and Fenglong acupoints, using Gua Sha therapy can refresh the brain, soothe the nerves can treat madness and epilepsy.
3.Shenmen combined with Wuzhizheng acupoints, using moxibustion therapy can replenish Qi, nourish the heart and calm the nerves.
Shenmen acupoint FAQs
Q:When is the best time massage Shenmen acupoint?
11:00-13:00 at noon. Shenmen point belongs to the Heart Meridian of Hand Shaoyin,During this period,massing Shenmen can relax the spirit, keep the mood calm,relax the upper arm muscles,and clear the heart channel Qi. Tapping Shenmen point can also prevent coronary heart disease, pulmonary heart disease, and relieve upper limb numbness caused by cervical spondylosis compression of nerves. In addition, good effect for insomnia.
Q:How to massage Shenmen?
It can be pinched, kneaded, and stimulated Massage Shenmen acupoints , preferably with a slight soreness.
1,HT 7 Acupuncture Point-https://theory.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/ht7