HT 8 Acupuncture Point(Shaofu) belongs to the Heart Meridian of Hand-Shaoyin,which is commonly used for treating heart palpitations, chest pain, difficulty urinating, enuresis, itching pain, little finger contraction and other diseases.
HT 8 Acupuncture Point Location
When a loose fist is made where the tip of the little finger rests between the 4th and 5th metacarpal bones.
What is the meaning of Shaofu
Shaofu:Shao,refers to yin,Fu,mansion,gather. The name of “Shaofu” means that the qi of heart meridian gather here. The substance of this point is the high-temperature dampness-qi from HT 9 point(Shaochong),after reaching this acupoint,and it gathers here,like many mansions, hence the name.
HT 8 Acupuncture Point usage
- Local point for arm pain, elbow pain, and/or pain in the pinky finger.
- Heart Qi Deficiency – palpitations, fear, hot palms.
- Emotional disorders – although PC 8 may be a better choice.
- HT Fire effecting the mouth – ulcers, canker sores, etc. – although PC 7 or PC 8 may be a better choice.
- HT Fire effecting the SI effecting the UB, heat descending to the lower jiao – incontinence, difficult urination, fungal infections, genital itching.
- Channel issues, sore throat, tongue stiffness, pain along the ulnar aspect of the arms.
HT 8 Acupuncture Point therapy
Use thumb to press Shaofu acupoint for a moment and then release it. Repeat it 10 to 15 times to relieve insomnia, forgetfulness, and palm numbness.
Mild moxibustion on Shaofu acupoint with moxa sticks for 5-20 minutes, once a day,It can treat urinary problems.
Scrape Shaofu acupoint from the base of the palm to the fingertips for 3 to 5 minutes, once every other day, It can treat upset and Pain in the reproductive system.
HT 8 Acupoint Compatibility
Combined with Neiguan point to treat heart palpitations.
Combined with Xinshu point to treat swelling and itching of genitals.
Combined with Qihai, Guanyuan, Taixi and Sanyinjiao point to treat children with enuresis.