HT 5 Acupuncture Point(Tongli) belongs to the Heart Meridian of Hand-Shaoyin, which can relieve heart disease, stiff tongue, aphasia, wrist pain.
HT 5 Acupuncture Point Location
1 cun above the wrist crease on the radial side of the flexor carpi ulnaris tendon, on the HT 3 – HT 7 line.
What is the meaning of Tongli
Tongli:Tong,channel,Li,inside. The name of “Tongli” means that the water-qi of the ground of heart meridian flows from the heaven to the ground from the ground channel of this point. The substance of this point is the water-qi of ground meridian from Lingdao acupoint. Because it has inside ground pores that pass through the ground, the water-qi flows from the ground of the heaven into the ground of the ground, hence the name.
HT 5 Acupuncture Point Usage
- Excessive bleeding or menstruation from heat in the Blood.
- Heat effecting the SI and leading to urinary symptoms – incontinence, enuresis.
- Speech or vocal disorders – aphasia (post-stroke), stiff tongue, stuttering, sudden loss of voice, sore throat.
- Spirit disorders and related physical manifestations, anxiety or palpitations, arrhythmia, nervousness, depression – although the point is generally not used for emotional disorders involving sleep such as insomnia, HT 7 is used more often for these more “physical” manifestations.
- Local point for wrist, elbow and/or hand pain – perhaps more so for weakness than simple pain.
HT 5 Acupoint therapy
Moxa moxibustion at Tongli point for 10 to 15 minutes,or 3 to 5 unit.
With the thumb of the hand and the other four fingers facing each other, press the Tongli acupoints on the left and right sides for 36 times each group, usually 3 to 5 group, and It can make you feel at ease.
HT 5 Acupoint Compatibility
Combined with Neiguan and Xinshu point to treat angina, arrhythmia, palpitations etc.
Combined with Lianquan point and Yamen point to treat loss of voice.
Combined with Lianquan and Yongquan to treat stiff tongue and sudden loss of voice.