It’s really amazing to have a head massager. Apart from the sensory pleasure, the massage is capable of reducing the symptoms of stress and other problems following by boosting hair growth. The best part of using a head massager is that users can easily use it at home, whenever and however way they want.
Head massagers have emerged as the ideal tool to stimulate blood circulation and improve well-being of head and scalp muscles. Most of them are cordless and lighter in weight, which makes it quite easy for the users to carry them wherever they want. They are responsible to improve overall-health of the users by relieving stress, anxiety and other issues, which they are going through.
So now, if anyone is planning to get a head/scalp massager, then here is the ultimate guide to take into consideration.
Section1: Are head massagers good for you?
When it comes to making the most of head massagers, you have to be sure about the type of services he/she will be getting. Whether you want to get rid of tension, headache pain, migraine or stress and relax the body, you always have to go for specialized massage. Just remember that you can get all the benefits of massage simply by using a head/scalp massager.
Here is how the head massager would work for you:
- Improves Hair Growth: To make your hair thicker, a scalp massager can do wonders. All you need to do is to use this massager for 24 weeks continuously and rest assured for the effects.
- Controls Blood Pressure: No doubt, a head massager is capable of controlling the flow of blood, thereby keeping you relaxed and comfortable for the rest of the day. This massage is best suited for people who have to go through a tough time on regular basis and need a quick thing to restore their comfort level.
- Reduction in Tension and Headache: When you are facing a tension headache, it usually leads to pain in the neck, head and behind the eyes. Constant contraction in muscles triggers this type of headache, which can only be treated with the help of a head/scalp massage. Since it is capable of reducing the duration, frequency and intensity of tension headaches, you will feel visible decline in muscle contraction.
Section2: How do Head Massagers Work?
While there are a number of massagers for all body parts, a head massager is considered to be better than the rest. Whether you are using a handheld or an electric head massager, it should be effective and reliable enough to meet the requirements.
These massagers work by relaxing the head, scalp, neck and shoulder muscles, which eventually enable you to be more productive and efficient in the required tasks.
Section3: Types & Techniques of Head Massager
- Effleurage: This head massage technique works in strokes and circular motions to bring life to the scalp. It works by increasing the flow of blood across the head muscles so that they can get enough energy to fight against tension, anxiety and stress.
- Petrissage: It is the process of gentle kneading to lift the scalp. It is also useful for deep tissue massage but, remember that it doesn’t usually work with the same firmness.
When it comes to choosing the right type of head/scalp massager, you will find the following options:
- Hair Scratcher Massager: With flexible and dynamic spindles, this hair scratcher massager prides itself for bringing the comfort level that you always want. With rubber bead ends, this massager used to produce a euphoric feeling that creates tingling sensation in the body. The best part is that this massager is light in weight, which you can carry anywhere you want. Not only will it relax the muscles but can also nourish and strengthen hair follicles by delivering the right amount of blood.
- Electric Scalp Massager: With individual nodes and deep-kneading feature, this scalp massager is capable of stimulating blood circulation, promoting relaxation, boosting hair growth, relieve sore and releasing stress. It is usually waterproof, rechargeable and cordless, meaning that you don’t have to worry about that annoying wire. It can be detached as soon as the battery is fully charged.
- Multi-Functional Massage Helmet: If you want to distress and relax your body without using your hands, then this massage helmet is for you. Designed with flexible and dynamic spindles and rubber bead ends, this scalp massager can easily slide on the scalp. It works somewhat like hair scratcher massager, the only difference is its ability to fix on your head.
- Head Massager Band: This portable vibration band is provided with brushless vibration motors that used to work on particular pressure points on the head. Its integrated PCB from eashub.com enables the massager to work on different mods to relax and comfort head muscles. The band comes in 3 vibrating modes that make it easy for the users to adjust the speed and massage duration as per their requirements.
- Handheld Scalp Massager: With ergonomic handle and massage ball, this handheld head massager is ideal for head and scalp. It has claw massage heads and flexible steel balls that improve blood circulation in the head and help the body to get rid of stress and discomfort.
- Shampoo Massage Hair Brush: This massager operates manually and are suitable for a number of hair types- be it thin or thick, long or short, wet or dry and even for pet hair grooming. The thing that makes it different is that it is designed to give you massage in the shower. It cleans the scalp and hair with its high quality and soft brush followed by reducing itchiness. Apart from stimulating blood circulation, its ergonomic design is something that promises to yield the desired results.
Section4: How to Choose Head/Scalp Massager
Now that you have decided on the type of massager you will be getting, it’s time to look at some of the important features that should be there in your choice.
- Massage Heads: Since every massager type comes with a different massage head, you should pay attention of what your body needs and how you want the muscles to be relaxed. There are metal spindles, silicone bristles and even massage nodes that can get the job done easily. So, just know the style of head massage you want and choose one accordingly.
- Massage Settings: Head massagers usually have various massage settings, which go from a mild massage to an intense and vibrating one. Your decision should be based upon the level of stress and discomfort you are facing.
- Speed Settings: In order to control the speed of massage, make sure that your head massager is provided with this facility or else, you cannot do that.
- Wearable/Handheld: Most of the massagers are handheld that maintain control over the intensity of your massage. Though, you may find a significant number of wearables now, specifically hold helmet bands.
- Size: In order to ensure portability of the massager, it should be of such size that you can easily carry in the bag.
- Weight: The next important factor is portability is weight. It should be lesser in pounds so that you don’t find it hard to carry the massager anywhere you are going.
- Price: A scalp massage usually ranges between $5 to $200, based on the quality and budget.
- Waterproof: While searching for a waterproof massager, you might come across shampoo hair brush massager. Though, if you don’t want this style, then find another option with the waterproofing feature.
- Battery: There are a number of options for battery power. Some are provided with standard batteries while others are rechargeable. So, make your decision accordingly.
Section5: How to Electric Head Massager?
Electric massagers are referred to as the best option for head/scalp massage. They are capable of improving blood circulating in the neck and head area. They ensure proper supply for nutrients and energy to hair follicles so that there will be betterment in hair growth. Other than that, here are some factors to remember while choosing an electric massager:
- The massager should be designed for head use only. Since it will be a vibrating massager, keep its intensity low just to make sure that it doesn’t cause any problem in the inner ear. The massager should have a declaration for head use so that it doesn’t affect inner ear in any way, thereby maintaining body’s ability for sound detection and body balance.
- Its cords are properly wrapped with coatings; but, don’t forget to loosen or expose them at the time of use. Never bring the electric head massager near the bath or pool as anything could happen.
- If you have a medical history like tumor or haemorrhage, then it’s better to consult with a doctor instead of purchase a massager on your own. In case of any scalp infection, consult with a dermatologist as well.
Section6: Wrap Up
With the entire discussion, it should be easy for you to come up with the right head/scalp massager. However, if you are still confused, you can take help from the experts.